Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Redemption Report Eric Gordon - Mail Day

A year and a half in the making!

The Clippers did a lot of rebuilding over the past year. I know Eric Gordon was a huge part of it because he now plays for the New Orleans Hornets. He was part of the deal that brought Chris Paul to Los Angeles in exchange for 2/3 of the population of Los Angeles, some cash, 1/4 of the Clippers team and a couple of year old Twinkies.

Gordon is a solid ball player and this is a great card from the 2010 Panini Season Update product. It's #'d to 100 and the auto is on card. These are all the things a collector wants to see, but I have to ask, did moving to New Orleans really take a year and half? I mean the guy makes millions of dollars, he probably didn't even need to move anything himself. Heck you could drive and it would only take a day or two max even if you stopped to see the largest ball of twine and some other popular venues. Also, they have professional movers that do that stuff for you, especially when you are loaded.

Anyway I think the issue was stemming from the 2010-11 season. I completely blame scrubs Andris Biedrins and Timofey Mozgov for Panini not getting me the card. Their stupid, flagrant fouls injured the wrist of Gordon to the point where he had to protect it the entire season, or at least the part of it he played. I mean you can't sign cards with a wrist guard on can ya?

This card was punched into the Panini system on 11/26/2011 while I was enjoying a fabulous Thanksgiving week with my family. It finally arrived back to me on 5/19/2012. I really appreciate the time that Gordon put into signing his cards. As you can see, the signature is completely legible, and I could tell you exactly what it says even if it didn't have his name on the card. Hey! I made a funny son (or gal) and you ain't laughin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment