Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Caption This Card - You, Yes You, Did You Fart?

How long do you spend just looking at your cards? When is the last time you just picked up a handful of commons and really looked at some of the images on them?

I ask, only because I keep hearing that commons are garbage and it is all about the hits. Well, I don't buy that. I enjoy looking at ALL of my cards.

Often, I find cards that make my jaw drop because of spectacular photography.

Sometimes I see a card that has a horrible Photoshop or editing job that makes me cringe.

More often though, I find cards that just make me laugh. I wonder what the person putting the set together, that gave final approval for images was thinking (or not thinking) when he/she signed off on a certain card.

One of those cards is this 2003-04 Fleer Skybox Autographs card of Ron Artest. Oh, I'm sorry...

Metta World Peace.

In this photo, Ron... er, Mr. Peace looks very unhappy. He has a bit of a temper too, it appears that it was about to expose itself.

Was he angry at the photographer for sticking a camera in his face? Did Ben Wallace call him a bad name? Was it because he knew that no matter how hard they played, the Pacers were never going to win an NBA title?

In my twisted mind, it looks like someone farted on the court and Ron wasn't happy about it. He is simultaneously calling out the mystery flatulator and catching a whiff at the same time.

Remember though Ron, whoever smelt it, dealt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment