Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Big Hurt, Rocket Ismail, The Soup Nazi and Me?!?

They say that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. I am living proof that is not true. I lived there for nearly 12 years and got out relatively unscathed. I've only been back 3 times since I left. It's a fun place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there!

I just returned home from the 2013 Industry Summit. It's an event not like many others. You get a room full of power players in the trading card industry for four days of rubbing elbows, making deals, pitching products and big announcements. It's four days of non-stop information with ample time to catch up with old friends, make new acquaintances, and most important... take care of business.

On the last day of the event, Chris Carlin, the PR machine at Upper Deck asked me to be a part of a bit he was filming for an upcoming April video. It was fun, as my friends Rob Bertrand and Wayne Frazer were also part of the shoot. A couple other guests at the Summit were also part of the video, you might have heard of them: "The Big Hurt" Frank Thomas, "The Soup Nazi" Larry Thomas, and "Rocket" Ismail.

The premise is that Upper Deck is bringing gum pack to packs of cards. I'll let you see how that works out for them. Enjoy the video.





1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Nice site, very informative. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete